Marine energy storage integration
An energy storage system (ESS) is designed to enhance the overall operation of your rigs or vessels. The system ensures substantial emission reductions as well as reductions in fuel and maintenance costs.
An ESS system is integrated with conventional diesel engines, and offers significant efficiency improvement by running the engines optimal load and absorbing many of the load fluctuations through batteries.
By increasing the power redundancy, the system allows the engine to operate with the highest efficiency and lowest emissions, which will result in reduced maintenance need and increased system performance.
ESS systems is suitable for new projects, as well as retrofits of existing installations, and can be used when the vessel is at shore, either self-supplied or in combination with shore power.
Your partner in ESS integration
PSW Power & Automation provides turnkey projects for your energy storage vessel integration involving: design and manufacturing, testing and class approvals of energy storage container solutions, yard and logistics and also complete mechanical and electrical integration on vessel/rig.
- Spinning Reserve
- Electric and hybrid propulsion systems
- Power back-up
- Adapt to industry and operator requirements
- Investment incentives from Enova / NOx fund
- Optimized engine operation
- Fuel saving and reduced emissions – Nox, CO2 and Sox (Yearly fuel savings between 10-20%)
- Increased redundancy and efficient operations
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased performance
- Reduced OPEX by lower fuel consumption
- Safer operation
- Faster dynamic response
- Retrofit. Existing rigs may replace diesel generator sets with battery technology.
- Cranes. Stored battery energy supplies peak load conditions, braking energy can be used to charge the battery source
- Energy storage using batteries supports running of the diesel engines at optimum specific fuel consumption
We believe that inland waterway transport is an energy efficient, safe and sustainable alternative to other modes of transportation. As in sea and ocean-going marine electrification is starting to accelerate significantly. This trend, in different forms, is present in various vessel types, from waterbuses to ferries and cargo carriers. Largely independent of the vessel type, our Mobile batteries containers can be integrated into any propulsion architecture, be it hybrid solution, combined with diesel engines, hydrogen fuel cells or in a full electric setup.
With combination of a battery system and hybrid propulsion, we can reduce operating hours on the generator-sets and ensure optimal loading when generators are online. This results in reduced fuel consumption, maintenance cost and the emission of greenhouse gasses.
The solution is suitable for new projects, as well as retrofits of existing installations. Additionally, it can be used when the vessel is alongside the quay, either self-supplied or in combination with shore power.
PSW Power & Automation supports you in your vessel integration projects involving design and manufacturing, testing and approvals of mobile battery solutions and complete mechanical and electrical integration on the vessel.
- Optimal use of generators
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Contribution to zero-emission shipping
- Ready for new emission standards
- Low maintenance